Yoga could help you get really toned up abs and flat stomach, also it is very helpful for all the internal abdominal organs.
Yoga can make you physically fit in a very magical and easy ways. You don’t have to spend your precious time and money for the gym. You can give your 10 minutes daily to yoga. I’m sure that You’ll love the results and you will be more physically and mentally fit.
Here are some yoga asanas for those who are tired of going to the gym for a flat stomach.
- 1 9 Yoga Asanas for Flat Stomach With Pictures
- 1.0.1 1. Kapalbhati
- 1.0.2 2. Chakki Chalan Asana (Mill Churning Pose)
- 1.0.3 3. Janu Shirsasana
- 1.0.4 4. Halasana (Plough Pose)
- 1.0.5 5. Tadasana
- 1.0.6 6. Sheetkari Pranayama (Hissing Breath)
- 1.0.7 7. Sheetali Pranayam (Cooling breath)
- 1.0.8 8. Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation)
- 1.0.9 9. Warrior Pose (Veerbhadra)
9 Yoga Asanas for Flat Stomach With Pictures
These asanas can work for you magically as It works in the reduction procedure of your belly fat and also helps to drop your kilos.
It may look very simple but it is one of the most effective yoga asanas for tummy reduction. In fact, It is said that if you do 1 Kapalbhati, It is equivalent to one crunch. If you ask us what is that one yoga for flat belly in 1 week, then we would say Kapalbhati along with the below-mentioned asanas. So, If you can do 100 kapalbhati daily, You’ll get the benefits of 100 crunches and that’s absolutely phenomenal. You’ve to do 5 round of Kapalbhati each of 25.Pic Credit- MakeAGIF.com
Procedure To Perform Kapalbhati
- Sit in meditation posture. Your hand should be resting on the knees in chin mudra.
- Now, close your eye and come to a relaxed position.
- Exhale from both the nostril with forceful contraction of the abdominal muscle and Inhalation should be passive and of no effort.
- After completing 10 rapid breath. Take some deep breath for coming in the initial state. Do it 5 rounds.
Avoid practice if You’re facing any heart disease, hernia or high blood pressure.
Now, let’s Move on to another asana.
2. Chakki Chalan Asana (Mill Churning Pose)
It is one of the must perform yoga poses for core toning. It stimulates your abs and besides this, It also energizes your internal abdominal muscles.
Procedure To Perform Churning Mill Pose
- Sit with your legs placing in front of you.
- Cross your fingers and stretch your arms at shoulder height.
- Take a deep breathe and start moving your upper body front and back forming an imaginary circle around your body.
- While doing this, Inhale as you go forward and exhale as you come back to original pose.
- Keep breathing easily while rotating.
- Take 5-10 rounds in both the direction.
Avoid this If You are pregnant or have extreme back pain, Low blood pressure, headaches or a migraine.
3. Janu Shirsasana
It not only stretches your abdominal muscles but also tightens it up. It helps in massaging abdominal organ like liver, pancreas etc.
Join This YouTube Channel- Yoga Shala
Procedure To Perform Janu Shirsasana
- Sit with your leg stretched and feet together.
- Slowly bend your right leg placing the heel of the foot against your perineum
- Now, Slowly come up. After that with a deep inhalation, Come forward and down.
- Bring your to your knee as close as more possible and stay there for at least 5 seconds.
- And breath deep.
- With your every breath, You should move a little bit forward
- Then, Come up and bring your arms down.
- Now Bring your leg inside of your thigh and inhale with reaching up slowly.
- Then, with exhalation, Come down with placing the forehead on your knees.
- Now, Stay in this asana for few seconds and breath deeply.
- Again, Come up slowly and bring your arm down with your legs back and just breathe deeply.
Avoid this asana if you have asthma or diarrhea and also in case if you have any lumbar disc herniation.
Let’s move on to another pose:
4. Halasana (Plough Pose)
It has many unbelievable effects like It can strengthen your abs, can help in hormonal functioning and it is also very useful in the production of insulin. So, It helps to prevent diabetes.
Procedure To Perform Halasana
- Lie on your back comfortably such that your back spine is straight.
- Now, Bring your leg towards your hips.
- With the deep inhalation, Bring your both legs up and give support to your hips with your hands.
- And, Bring your leg back over your head and reach the ground.
- If your toes reach the floor, You can release your hand and place them in front of you.
- You should stay in this pose and breath deeply i.e. slowly deep inhalation and exhalation.
Remember that Yoga is very effective as you increase your duration of any asanas and deep breathing.
- Now, Spread your legs apart as much as you can and ensure that your that your toes are on the ground and knees should be as straight as possible.
- Keep supporting your waist with your hand in case your toes are not reaching the ground.
- Now, Bring your leg near your ears and bring back your hands and legs.
- After this, You can grab holds your ears.
- Now, Release your legs bring them back slowly and come to savasana position(Relaxed posture) and Now, Relax for at least 5 seconds and breathe deep.
You’ve to avoid this asana If you’re facing menstruation, diarrhea or any type of neck injury.
This asana is well known for its stretching property as it stretches your abs and also improves your posture and also aligns your body in the best way. It is very useful for those who want to increase their height.
Procedure To Perform Tadasana
- Stand comfortably with your back straight.
- Now, Bring up your arms towards your head.
- Interlock fingers of both of your hands. And with stretching your arms. Come up on your toes slowly.
- Now, Inhale and exhale. You”ll feel an entire body stretch which means that you’re going right.
- And then, Move slowly to your right side and breathe to your right side. and Then, come to the central position.
- And Finally slowly come down.
Avoid if You’re facing headaches, Insomnia or low blood pressure.
6. Sheetkari Pranayama (Hissing Breath)
Pranayama or breathing exercise rules over any exercises because of its uncountable and quick benefits. It cools your body and reduces our thirst and appetite. It also loosens your weight fast.
Avoid if You have sensitive teeth or in case of a cough and cold.
Join This Channel On YouTube- Obino – Your Health Coach
Procedure To Perform Hissing Breath Yoga
- Sit comfortably in a meditative posture and close your eye slowly and try to relax your whole body by deep inhalation with the mouth and exhalation from the nose.
- Exposing your teeth, Breath in and Then, Gently exhale from the nose in a normal way.
This is known to be 1 round.
7. Sheetali Pranayam (Cooling breath)
It soothes and calms down your body, helps in digestion, purifies your blood, reduces hunger and thirst. Effects important brain centers associated with biological temperature regulation.
Join This YouTube Channel- FIT a BIT tv
Procedure To Perform Cooling Breath Yoga Pose
- Sit in a meditative posture with relaxing your whole body.
- Extend your tongue outside your mouth as much as you can without any strain.
- Now, Roll the side of your tongue up such that it forms a tool and Inhale from the tongue.
- And with the end of the inhalation, Draw your tongue in. Close your mouth and exhale with the nose.
- Make sure that you’re breathing throughout your session and breathe should produce a sucking sound and You’ll experience a cooling on the tongue and roof of your mouth.
Now, let’s move on to another asana which is “Chandra Namaskar”. It is equally important and effective and helps you to give an extra little workout for getting a flat stomach.
Avoid this If you’re facing asthma, cold and cough.
8. Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation)
Chandra Namaskar is performed by coordinating your breath and each of its 14 postures is related to each phase of the Lunar cycle.
It gives your entire body stretch and also helps to warm up almost all the parts of your body.
It is recommended to avoid this asana in case You’re suffering from high blood pressure, back problems, heart disease, hernia, sciatica or fever.
Click Here To Join This Channel – Christian Breitschmid
Procedure To Perform Chandra Namaskar
- Stand in prayer position.
- Inhale and stretch your arms up on back.
- Now, Arch your back. While exhaling, Slowly come down to your knees to your forehead.
- Inhale and stretch up with chin up and bring your arm up stretching back. And after that exhale while coming to Mountain pose(Downward Dog).
- Retain your breath and come to Ashtanga Namaskar. Chin and knees should be down and hip should be up.
- Now, Inhale in cobra pose and exhale in Downward dog pose(Mountain Pose).
- After that, Inhale deeply.
- While your left foot is stretching up forward. Maintain your inhalation, Keep your arms up; and back really arch.
- Now, Exhale while coming down. Bring your right foot forward to your knee.
- Again, Inhale with arms up arch back and come down slowly.
- Now, With your other leg. Come to inhale and exhale in prayer position.
- Inhale with stretching your arm up and back gently arch your back and then, exhale with coming down forehead to knees.
- Inhale in the position of the box. Your chin should be up and Now, Exhale in Downward Dog Pose (Mountain Pose)
- Come down with retaining your breath in Ashtanga Namaskar.
- Come up again with inhaling in Cobra pose and exhale in Downward dog pose.
- Now, Slowly inhale and bring your Right Foot forward and place your chin up and inhale with bringing your arms up and arching your back.
- Now, Come down forehead to knees again.
- Inhale and come up and stretch back and arch your back and then, exhale slowly and come down.
- Finally, Relax with deep breathing.
9. Warrior Pose (Veerbhadra)
Here is the link to join this channel- Howcast
Procedure To Perform Warrior Pose
- Stand straight and spread your legs 3-4 feet apart from each other.
- Turn right foot about 90° outward and left foot about 15° inward, You need to make sure that the heel of your right foot is perfectly aligned to the center of the left foot.
- After that, Lift your arms sideways (Make sure that your palms are facing upwards and your arms are parallel to the ground)
- Take a deep breath and as you exhale, slightly bend your right knee.
- Your right knee and right ankle should form a straight line.
- Now, Turn your head slightly and look to your right side.
- After getting comfortable in the pose, You need to push yourself.
- Stretch your arms and gently push your pelvis down.
Avoid if You’ve issues of a spinal cord, neck injury or high blood pressure. And If you recently recovered from diarrhea, you also should avoid this.
So these were some great yoga poses for abs and core, practice this daily and we are pretty sure that you’ll love the results.
A Professional Naturopath, Yoga Teacher & Therapist at Arogya Yogshala Dhanbad. I have studied in Uttrakhand Sanskrit University and have been teaching Yoga and Naturopathy for the last 6 years. I believe nature has a cure for everything and Yoga means addition – the addition of energy, strength, and beauty to body, mind and soul. I love to share health facts, natural home remedies and best yoga asanas that can make your life easier and happier.