Yoga is a boon for piles and hemorrhoid patients because no medicines or surgery can cure hemorrhoids permanently but yoga can. Yog and Ayurveda have a cure of almost all diseases. Yoga makes you mentally strong and physically fit. Body stretching and yoga asanas relive blood vessels, reduces inflammation, helps in removing toxins from the body, improves immunity system, boosts blood circulation and prevents from lots of diseases.
Yoga has countless benefits and the best thing is, anyone at any age can start practicing yoga. There are no side effects, but yes all asanas should be performed in the right way. In this post, we have compiled a list of all yoga asanas that are helpful in the treatment and prevention of piles. Yoga asanas like Ashwini mudra, Matasayasana are highly helpful in hemorrhoids.
The pressure in the abdominal area and lack of physical activity are the root causes of hemorrhoid and practicing yoga regularly solve these problems.
Additionally, yoga prevents constipation and increases digestive power, which in turn prevents further growth of hemorrhoids. Most of the Piles or hemorrhoids problem is a result of chronic constipation and curing constipation solves 90% of the hemorrhoids problem.
Top 10 Best Yoga For Piles And Hemorrhoids: A Natural Home Based Treatment Without Surgery
Perform these mentioned yoga asanas according to your routine but try to do these in the morning on the ground and in the empty stomach only. Each one of the below-mentioned yoga postures is helpful, you must do it in the right way as directed.
1. Aswinimudra/Ashvini Mudra/Ashuini Mudra
Ashwini mudra (horse gesture) is also called energy lock asanas. Ashwini means horse in Sanskrit and the Ashwini mudra posture resembles horse’s act of shrinking their sphincter immediately after passing the bowels out.
The basic action involves contraction and relaxation of anal area (buttock muscles).
Steps to Practice Ashwini Mudra:
Yoga For Piles # 1 Ashwini mudra
1. Sit comfortably in meditation posture or in pranayama asana.
2. Take normal breaths first to make yourself comfortable.
3. Close your eyes and confine your thoughts to the anal area.
4. Contract your anal area, just try to shrink your buttock muscles for as long as possible without straining.
5. Come back to normal pose and repeat this again and again.
Ashwini Mudra gives instant relief from pain and you can keep practicing this asana to get rid of hemorrhoids inflammation, especially the itching and burning sensation. You can do this asana anywhere at the office while talking to someone while watching television or even while standing or walking. Ashwini mudra is the ultimate yoga for piles and hemorrhoids and also for fissures patients. besides this Ashwini mudra has a lot of health and healing benefits.
2. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Matsyasa Asana is all in one yoga posture with tons of health benefits. People who want to kick off their lannynets can start with Matsyasa Asana to get revived. Matsyasana is very effective in stopping bleeding hemorrhoids and relieving constipation.
Matsyasana is believed to be a counter yoga of Sarvangasana since both are equally beneficial. If you are a victim of insomnia then keep doing Matsyasa Asana to get sound sleep.
Matsyasana treats back pain and skin diseases as it helps in blood purification by supplying more oxygen and removing toxins from the body, and yes Matsyasana is a great cure for asthma and impotence.
Steps to practice Matsyasana (Fish pose):-
Yoga For Piles # 2 Matsyasa Asana
1. Sit on the ground with both legs folded on each other, as like in padmasana or sukasana.
2. Hold, your toes or thrust your hands against the ground and slowly lay down the backside.
3. Placing the crown of the head on the floor, fit your chest and body up and try to make an arc-like shape.
4. Try to touch the toes of your legs and remain in the position for 1 to 2 minutes. Do this 5-10 times for quick results.
Matsyasa Asana should be performed in the morning preferably in empty stomach. For fat and chubby people, you can keep a pillow inside if you can not lift up your body.
3. Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand) is believed to be the mother of all asanas (postures). Doing Sarvangasana alone will get you all benefits of other yoga asanas.
Yoga For Piles # 3 Sarvangasana
During this posture, the heart needs to pump blood in reverse direction, so extra energy is required so in one-way the entire inner organs and blood veins get revived and refreshed. More blood circulation means more blood supply to tissues and cells, that is a complete refreshment of the body.
So yoga asanas of this kind (in which the body is in an inverted position) are very beneficial.
Steps To Perform Sarvangasana
1. Label down on the floor with both legs together.
2. Start raising your legs together, until it makes a 90-degree posture.
3. Support your waist with both hands and further raise your legs and body together.
4. Entire body weight on shoulders palms supporting the wrists and elbows on the floor. Be in this position for at least 50-60 seconds.
5. Slowly lower your body, take your hands off the waist and come back to sleeping position.
4. Shirsana Or Headstand
Shirsana, shirshana, sirshasana or Headstand is quite similar to Sarvangasana but is more complicated and tough to perform. In this Shirsana, the body is completely inverted upside down, balanced on the crown of the head and the forearms.
Yoga For Piles #4 Shirsana
Shirsana improves blood circulation and consequently, the brain gets more oxygenated blood. Shirsana is an ultimate healing yoga for all and has other benefits like it relieves diabetes, treats sexual problems, migraines, malfunctioning of thyroid and eye-related problems as well.
Steps to do Shirsana
1. Sit in Vajra asana pose or in child pose on the floor.
2. Bend forward and fold your hands on the floor and make a cushion for your head, by bringing both palms over each other.
Although, your head has to bear the entire weight of the body arms are very important for balancing.
3. Bend forward and put your head on your palm cushion or dashed hands.
4. Raise your abdomen and strengthen your legs, to make a dolphin pose.
5. Raise your legs up and make your back vertical, the leg position including thighs should in the air now.
6. Slowly try using your legs up in the vertical position, you can attain the complete verticality by lifting one leg first, then followed by other.
7. Once you have made this, keep your awareness on the head and breathe normally.
8. To come back in the normal state, put down one leg slowly, followed by another leg. Then come back to dolphin pose again and this way you need to slowly release yourself from the headstand pose.
Getting back to normal state is equally important as doing headstand because this is where people get injured.
You need to be extremely careful while doing a headstand and in beginning perform this under any expert’s or yoga teacher’s supervision.
Pregnant women and people suffering from heart disorders, cerebral thrombosis, and high blood pressures should never practice Shirsana or Headstand.
5. Tadasana Or Mountain Pose
Tadasana or mountain pose is a certain type of standing pose that is very beneficial for joints, buttocks, and abdomen area. In tadasana, the muscles are stretched that consequently improves posture and makes your joints (knees, anal and things) stronger.
Step to do Tadasana
Yoga For Piles #5 Tadasana
1. Stand firmly with both legs touched together and hands hanging along sides, i.e. normal standing position.
2. Raise your arms over the head, lock your fingers and turn the arms upward.
3. Hold this position for a few seconds.
Tadasana Stretches the entire spine and abdominal muscles. This is a very good exercise to strengthen the lower abdominal area for piles and hemorrhoids patients.
6. Padahastasana Or Hand under foot pose
Padahastasana also was known as hand under food pose is very simple yoga asana and is perfect for beginners. However, performing Padahastasana demands enough flexibility and strength. Padahastasana is ideal for those suffering from back pain, abdominal pain and joint pains on knees. Padahastasana strengths muscles and joints and indirectly some blood vessel of lower abdominal cavity gets stretched which in turn is helpful for the hemorrhoids patient.
Steps to do Padahastasana (Hand under foot pose)
Yoga For Piles #6 Padahastasana
1. Stand straight and firm on the floor with the body in upright position and hands hanging alongside.
2. Raise your hands straight up, over the head.
3. Stretch your arm’s and bend forward slowly, and keep bending until you touch your toes.
4. Try to make a firm contact with your chin and knees without bending your knees inward.
5. Hold this position for at least 5 seconds (for beginners ) or up to 20 seconds.
You must not take fast breathes while doing this, it must be performed on empty stomach or after 4 to 5 hours of having a meal.
7. Pavanamuktasana Or Wind Removing Pose
Pavanamuktasana is also called the wind removing pose, is beneficial yoga for people suffering from the gas problem, constipation piles, and hemorrhoids. As it releases toxins and gas from the body and regulates smoother bowel movement, which is the die-hard need for constipation victims.
Additionally, Pavanamuktasana rejuvenates entire abdominal organs, relieves, armpits pain, heart disorders, relieves waist pain and back pain as well.
Yoga For Piles #7 Pavanamuktasana
Steps to do Pavanamuktasana
1. Lie down straight on your back and be in relax state first.
2. Take a breathe slowly, now lift your legs together and bend the knee.
3. Bring your bent legs towards your chest and hug your folded legs by locking your fingers on it.
4. Your thighs should touch your stomach and also try to touch your knees with the nose. Then hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds.
5. Slowly come back to normal pose, that is Shavasana and relax for a minute or two.
6. Perform this asana 5 to 10 times a day.
If you are a victim of constipation led piles then this yoga is for you. However, people suffering from slip disc, high blood pressure, asthma should not perform this asana and also pregnant women should avoid this.
8. Mulabandhasana Or Root Lock pose
Mulabandhasana also was known as root lock pose, is an energy asana, and there is a deep divine meaning behind its name i.e. Mula means roots and bandha refer to lock, and practicing this yoga gives you control over the energy. Mulabandhasana brings
Yoga For Piles #8 Mulabandhasana
Basically, in Mulabandhasana, certain pelvic floor muscles in the lower abdominal area are contracted. It is helpful in curing hemorrhoids since muscles contraction rejuvenates and restores the normal functionality in the anal region.
Steps to do Mulabandhasana
1. Sit in padmasana pose or lotus pose.
2. Stretch your hands over the knees and close your eyes.
3. Relax and keep your awareness on breathing first, then focus your mind on pelvic floor region i.e the abdominal area.
4. Take a deep breath and fill up your lungs with air, now contract the pelvic floor muscles slowly in an upward direction.
5. Hold this position for few seconds without overstanding the muscles.
6. Release and come back to normal state. Repeat this 10 times for each yoga seasons.
Mulabandhasana is all about breaths and muscles contraction so practice it regularly. You might need some guidance of any yoga guru in the beginning.
9. Nadi Shodhana Pranayama Or Alternate Nostril Breathing
Nadi Shodhana pranayama also known as anulom vilom or nostril breathing technique. Nadi means energy and sodhana mean meditation so nadi shodhana pranayama is yoga that rejuvenates subtitle energy channels and the brain.
The main benefit of practicing Nadi Shodhana Pranayam is on the mind and nervous system. It relieves stress and pressure keeps you fresh. Since piles and hemorrhoids patients go through stress and depression many times, so Anulom Vilom yoga would help them relieve stress and depression. Although there is no direct relief from piles it purifies the entire body and in a long run, it’s quite beneficial.
Yoga For Piles #9 Nadi Shodhana pranayama
Step to do Nadi Shodhana Pranayam or Anulom Vilom
1. Sit comfortably in any asana with your body vertically straight and erect.
2. Bring your hands to your nose, and close the right nostril with your thumb.
3. Inhale deeply through the left nostril and fill up your lungs with air.
4. Close the left nostril with the index finger and release the right nostril.
5. Exhale slowly through the right nostril and inhale from this right nostril only. Again close the right nostril with thumb and exhale-inhale once by the left hole. keep doing this at least 5 minutes per yoga sessions.
When you breathe from right nostril then left hemisphere of your brain gets revived. Similarly, when you breathe from left nostril, the right hemisphere gets refreshed. Moreover, the alternate supply of air to the lungs improves the respiratory system.
10. Bhastrika Pranayam Or Meditation Posture
Bhastrika Pranayam or meditation posture is quite similar to Padmasana and Kapalbharti asana. In bhastrika pranayama, the focus is on lungs and forced but inhalation and exhalation are practiced. Bhastrika pranayama helps to return common cold, respiratory diseases, abdominal disorders and boosts the immune system.
Steps To Do Bhastrika Pranayama
Yoga For Piles #10 Bhastrika Pranayam
1. Sit comfortably in lotus pose or padmasana.
2. Take a deep breath and fill your lungs with air.
3. Breathe out gently within 2 seconds.
4. Keep doing this for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
In your imagination plays a key role here because while inhaling you must imagine that you are taking positivity inside and while exhaling imagine that you are releasing all toxins and negativity to purify your body. This has a great psychological effect on your body and mind. This asana should be avoided by people suffering from high blood pressure and disorders.
Wrapping it up
Yoga is the best prevention of all diseases but you must follow a healthy routine to make it effective. Curing piles and hemorrhoid demands regularity and commitment in exercises, workshops, and yoga. You cannot skip a day or two without doing yoga because piles are something that comes back again and again so you must keep doing yoga every day and forever.
For instant relief from pain and from the burning sensation practice Ashwini Mudra, Sarvangasana, Matsyasasana, and Kapalabhathi.
You are advised to perform these yoga postures in the empty stomach after 4-5 hours of having the meal in the morning, then do this if off in the morning, do this after coming from toilet and refreshment. You can also take some time out in the evening if not comfortable in the morning time.
Keep doing this important yoga for piles and hemorrhoids and let us know your improvements.