Want to know what is the difference between rectal prolapse and hemorrhoids, then you have landed on the right spot. Even though there are about 75% of adults worldwide that will suffer from hemorrhoids at some point or the other in their lifetime along with discomfort in the anal region. The pain and discomfort in the anal area don’t mean that you are suffering from hemorrhoids; the doctor has to go through repetitive brief examinations and tests to pass you through the tests.
A rectal prolapse is a less common problem than the hemorrhoids, but it can have similar symptoms as that of hemorrhoids such as anal pain, itchiness, blood in stools and straining. If you are undergoing any of these symptoms, it is advised to understand the signs of rectal prolapse so that you can go for appropriate treatment procedures in the future.
- 1 Overview On Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids
- 1.1 Rectal Prolapse Vs. Hemorrhoid Causes
- 1.2 Rectal Prolapse Causes
- 1.3 Hemorrhoids Causes
- 1.4 Rectal Prolapse Vs. Hemorrhoid: Various Treatment For Them
- 1.5 1. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoid Home Remedies
- 1.6 2. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids Ayurvedic Remedies
- 1.7 3. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids Homeopathic Medicines
- 1.8 4. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoid Prescribed Medications
Overview On Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids
A rectal prolapse and the hemorrhoids bear similar characteristics. The tissues from within the rectum start to come out of the anus in both the cases. When the veins become dilated within the rectum, an internal hemorrhoid is formed and starts protruding. This causes heavy bleeding of the swollen tissues that become increasingly difficult to push back in with the course of time. Rectal prolapse happens when the rectal wall comes out through the anus. This type of protrusion can happen at the time of bowel movements, but it can be seen in those cases as well who have a weak pelvic muscle tone or weak internal tissues that get loosened easily.
Symptoms that are specific to rectal prolapse and not usually present in the hemorrhoid cases include:
- Incontinence or stool leakage.
- Feel of fullness in the bowl.
- Prolapsed tissue appear in the form of concentric circles.
Hemorrhoids become more intense and cause severe pain in the anus region in the advanced stages and a rectal prolapse when reaches the advanced stages are known as complete prolapse. This takes place when the rectum’s sleeves get turned inside out and remain completely in the exterior of the body. The advanced stages of these conditions are rarely seen, but they can still be treated with a surgery very easily.
Rectal Prolapse Vs. Hemorrhoid Causes
Even the mild rectal discomfort in the anus region can be the sign of any number of conditions, so it is very important to know about the signs and symptoms and get the best professional help to treat the problem. so let us figure out the difference in their causes first:
Rectal Prolapse Causes
- Long-term constipation
- The stress of childbirth
- Large hemorrhoids
- The weakening of ligaments and muscles
- Long-term diarrhea
- Long-term Straining for Hard Stool
- Surgery of Past
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- A whooping Cough
- Multiple sclerosis
- Obesity or Overweight
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Straining During Bowels Movements
- Lack of Exercise And Yoga
- Aging and weakness
- Too Much Anal Sex
- Too Much Masturbation
- Genetic Cause Of Hemorrhoids
Rectal Prolapse Vs. Hemorrhoid: Various Treatment For Them
1. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoid Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Rectal Prolapse
Treating the causes of rectal prolapse can help you get rid of the problem from the roots. People who get rectal prolapse for the second time, surgery can help them cure the physical problems that initiate its growth. The surgery can result in adhesions and scar tissue that can narrow the rectal canal and also interfere with the rectal and pelvic muscles.
1. Castor Oil
The rectal area in severe pain: when you get a prolapse, you find it very difficult to do the daily households and other essential works with ease and comfort. After a prolapse, the surrounding muscles such as the sitting bones tend to develop pain when you sit on a chair or a bicycle. The simplest way to do this corrected is to apply cold pressed castor oil with your fingers up till your tailbone across the sacrum and then all the way down to the left sitting bone. Massage the oil properly and apply the heat through an electric heater. All you have to do is sit on a hemorrhoid position with keens and elbows bent down with your head down and buttocks in the air.
2. Squatting On Commode
Straining to defecate: The western practices of using the commode prevent the rectum from straightening out properly and making its way to the anus. This certainly makes you more prone towards serious problems which include hemorrhoids, fissures, constipation, and prolapse. If you practice squatting on the toilet, it is a great method that solves the problem of bending of the rectum.
Below are some toilet squat products you can buy from Amazon.
1. Branco Pop Stop Squat Stool For Western Toilet Set Of Three 7″- White
2. Branco Folding Pop Stop Squat Stool For Western Toilet White Set Of Two 7″
- Apply The Concept Of Early To Bed And Early To Rise
If you keep your digestive system on the track, you can certainly prevent yourself from hemorrhoids. Improper sleep, insomnia problems, sleeping patterns, etc. can hamper your metabolism to a great extent, once you damage the proper functioning of your digestive system; your intestines suffer the most and also the bowel movement.
- Drink More Water
Drinking more water will clear your digestive tracts and make sure the stool is diluted before it gets defeated. Drinking more than 6-7 glasses of water every day is beneficial for the proper functioning bowel movement.
2. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids Ayurvedic Remedies
Ayurvedic Remedies For Rectal Prolapse
1. Chageri Ghrita– it is useful at times for bloating, malabsorption syndromes, diarrhea, dysuria, and piles.
2. Mushika Taila– this is a kind of oil that is applied to the prolapsed part and placed in the normal positioning, and proper bandaging is done. This treatment needs to be carried for 2-3 weeks, and you are good to go.
3. Lodhrasava– it is very effective for piles, anemia, heavy bleeding, and rectal prolapse.
Ayurvedic Remedies For Haemorrhoids
1. Terminalia Chebula: This particular herb clears as well as cleanses the liver and also helps in increasing the proper digestion in an adult. It also acts as an absorbent when you boil it helps in malabsorption as well.
2. Acacia Catechu: This herb has the anti-absorption qualities that allows in the proper digestion of the food particles and inhibits the accumulation of harmful chemicals and prevents the pile’s formation.
3. Vernon Anthelmintica: This beneficial herb plays an essential role in preserving adult health as it is one of the most profitable medicinal plants in India. It cures numerous kidney problems, constipation, etc. it also has properties to cure inflammations, arthritis, and diabetes, etc.
3. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoids Homeopathic Medicines
Homeopathic Medicines For Rectal Prolapse
1. Podophyllum: it is one of the most popular homeopathic medicines for the treatment of rectal prolapse. It can be taken in the form of liquid or globules according to the doctor’s prescription to get beneficial results.
2. Ignatia: it is another effective remedy for prolapsed rectum. It eases the passage of stools making the stool dilute and soft.
3. Ruta Graveolens: after delivery, when you get the problem of a prolapsed rectum, at times of straining, you get to experience minor to major pain. You can take this remedy with water or globules as prescribed by the physician to cure the rectal prolapse.
Homeopathic Medicines To Cure Hemorrhoids
1. Bryonia Alba
With constant pressure build-up to release stool, people tend to develop with a painful lump on the exterior part of the anus which gets painful and itchy with time. Taking this medicine cures the lump formation and eliminates the pain that a person used to have while doing physical activities such as walking, sitting, etc.
It is a well known and effective homeopathic medicine on the list when you talk about constipation solutions. When you do not feel the urge to pass stool for days together, there might be a problem because it is not that your food is not getting digested, the intestine gives wrong signals to your brain.
3. Lycopodium Clavatum
This medicine works wonders in the cases where you suffer from bloating along with flatulence and constipation altogether. It is highly effective for the older adults and the ones who suffer from irritable bowel syndromes.
Click Here To Know More Homeopathic Medicines For Hemorrhoids (Piles)
4. Rectal Prolapse Vs Hemorrhoid Prescribed Medications
Prescribed Medications For Rectal Prolapse
- Polyethylene glycol solution
- Mineral oil
Prescribed Medications For Haemorrhoids
If your hemorrhoids produce mild or chronic discomfort, your doctor might advise over-the-counter drugs such as creams, ointments, gels, suppositories, or pads. These types of products are made of ingredients such as hydrocortisone, lidocaine, and witch hazel, etc. which help in relieving pain and itching.
Some of the most popular and effective medications for constipation include Anucort-HC rectal, Proctofoam HC rectal, Protocol HC rectal, Analpram-HC rectal, etc.
When you experience any discomfort, it is best to seek consultation with a specialist and then start taking medicine without trying anything all by yourself.
Health Counselor and Primary Care Physician by profession, I have 12 years experience in primary health care services. Years of practical experience in women’s health care & ANC services and study have gained me a lot of knowledge on several health issues and I wish to share these medical advice and suggestion through this blog.