Tired of a really itchy bottom accompanied by Itchy bum hole, not worms? Well, itchy bottoms can be very irritating and they might seem to be coming from your anus. This usually gets worse at night, especially for females. Sometimes it gets so bad that it might wake you up at midnight and cause irritation. Itchy bumps are actually a symptom and are very common.
There’s always an urge to scratch your bottom in this case. It’s called pruritus ani in medical terms. Now you all must be having questions like how to cure an itchy bum hole? But before that, you must know the cause of this irritation. Usually, pinworms are responsible for such notorious disturbance in your bottom. Now,
Thinking What All This Is About?
In case you are wondering what are pinworms? Well, Pinworm infections are one of the most common infections caused by a worm in so many countries. This infection can be easily spread among family members. Humans are the only hosts for these worms so, therefore, no animals harbor pinworms. These small and pin shaped worms usually live in the rectum of the human body. They are often called thread worms because they are about the size of a staple.
These worms enter your body by breathing or swallowing their eggs without even knowing. It could be anything you eat or drink as well which is contaminated by them.
After having them in your system, it takes about a month long for the eggs to hatch in your intestine and become adults. At night, the females move from your intestines and move to your anus and lay their eggs. Thus you have itchy bum hole at night.
How To Cure An Itchy Bum Hole Fast
One of the common causes of getting an itchy bum after poo can be caused because of poor cleaning of your anus after a bowel movement.
Pinworms can also be the cause of this type of irritation. Also after a bowel movement, you should clean that area very nicely as the eggs of these parasites may be stuck near that area and if you don’t clean it properly, the irritation can get worse.
You should also keep this in your mind that your hands should be washed nicely as well. Because they might be stuck on your hands and might get spread easily and you will never know when it happened, so taking the right precautions is mandatory.
7 Pinworm Symptoms You Should Not Ignore
There’s a high possibility of you not having any pinworm symptoms at all. But if you do get them, having itchy buttocks will be the most common one. The other symptoms include:
- If you’re affected by the pinworms, an irritating itching in your anus which gets worse at night can be one of the symptoms.
- Due to this irritation, you might not get proper sleep and get restless while sleeping as well.
- If the female pinworm moves to your vagina(in case of females), you might experience itching around your vaginal area which is very irritating.
- Frequent abdominal pain which doesn’t last long can also be one of these symptoms.
- Bacterial infection due to excessive scratching of your skin around the anus.
- It can also be seen in the stools as well or can make some vaginal discharge in females.
- Rash or skin irritations being a very obvious symptom because of the continuous scratching of your buttocks.
You should see your doctor if the itching gets worse at night and get the right medications.
Itchy Bum Worms Prevention Tips: How To Prevent Pinworms From Getting Inside Your System?
The first thing you should do is to take care of your hygiene. Good hygiene will always reduce the chances of getting this parasite spread. Now, in order to take care of your hygiene, you can follow these steps to keep yourself away from these parasites.
- You should always wash your hands while you’re dealing with diapers or underwear or other things that might contain the eggs of these pinworms. This way, you can stop these eggs to get inside your system and causing irritation to you and your body.
- To the ones who have a habit of chewing their nails, you should immediately stop doing that. And not just that, you should clean under your fingernails is very effective in order to keep these parasites away from you and your body.
- Wash your clothes, especially the undergarments and change them regularly in order to help in preventing these parasites to get into your intestine and become itchy bumps worms.
- If you can treat all the infected people in your household at the same time, you can prevent the recurrence of the spreading of these parasites and also help not to spread this to others.
- As these eggs can be effective for a really long period of time, stopping them to spread among the others is very difficult but with following all the above-mentioned steps, it can be possible for you to avoid pinworms from spreading in your family.
12 Best Home Remedies Pinworm Infection
In order to recover from this parasite infection, here are some home remedies you can take.
- Raw garlic is very effective when it comes to kill any eggs or prevent any other female pinworms to lay more eggs and increase your irritation.
- Coconut oil is an excellent thing which might help you to get rid of this infection. The antibacterial and antiviral properties of coconut oil help in killing these pinworms instantly from your body.
- Hot water is said to be very effective when it comes to kill the parasites from your intestines. Washing your hands with warm water might help you to kill these parasites from your hands and fingers.
- Alcohol sometimes too can be effective in helping you to recover from this infection. But the quantity should be right and must be mild enough so that your body can take it. Rubbing it on the places near your anus might kill these worms and hence prevent spreading of the infection.
- Carrots are effective as well in killing these parasites. Carrot juice can be great as well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can be used as it creates an uninhabitable environment for these worms inside your body.
- Grapefruit Seeds have strong antimicrobial activity which helps your body to fight these pinworms. So these extracts can be very effective.
- Lemon juice are amazingly wonderful for fighting against the pinworms. Due to their acidic nature, the pH of your body is reduced which doesn’t allow the parasite to stay in your body.
- Pineapple juice is a rich source of bromelain which has antimicrobial properties. This can also be used in order to get rid of pinworms.
- Vaseline can also be applied in the itchy areas. Vaseline has healing power and helps to stop the itching and the irritation.
- Having Yoghurt daily can help you prevent this infection as it is rich in probiotics and helps to fight these parasites and throw them away from your body.
- Onions are rich in Sulphur. These sulphur granules are very effective to eliminate these parasitic worms from your body.
Usually, this type of infections can also be cured at home with the help of a few known medicines
You should go to your doctor if the irritation doesn’t stop and get a proper diagnosis of your infection and get it out of your system as soon as possible.
Thus, by following these steps and home remedies, you can easily say goodbye to itchy buttocks and these itchy bum worms forever Also try to work on your hygiene and make sure you wash your hands and the fingertips regularly in order to reduce the itchy bum at night and to stop the parasites from spreading among your family members. So if you have an itchy bum or irrigation in your anus, you know what are the things you need to take care of. If you’re suffering from this infection, make sure you follow all the remedies mentioned above.
You May Read These articles Too: