When To See a Dentist For a Toothache
If you are someone who’s suffered dental pain then we are pretty sure that you do understand what we are talking about here. A toothache is probably the worst thing that can ever happen to a person and if you really don’t want to experience it then you better get yourself an appointment to your dentist because taking care of your dental health is equally necessary as your physical health.
Now, we are sure that all of you are aware of the fact that you should visit your dentist regularly, at least twice a year for a complete dental check-up and teeth-cleaning if required.
But I have seen, often patients ignore the initial signs and symptoms that could be signals of an underlying dental problem that needs immediate treatment from a dentist. If you too are suffering from any one or more of the following conditions, then it’s time to visit your dentist at depacific dental clinics in singapore.
1. Painful Gums
Painful gums are usually a sign of a gingivitis or more serious dental problem called as periodontitis. If you leave your painful gums untreated, gingivitis can turn into periodontitis which could then cause weakening of the gums, severe damage to your jaw bones and in extreme cases tooth loss also.
You’ll know your gums are painful if they are swollen, aching, sensitive or bleeding red. So, if you have any one of these symptoms then don’t ignore it and get your gums checked as soon as possible.
2. Bad Breath
According to dental research, approximately 50 percent of us are guaranteed to suffer from bad breath at some point in our lives. Although it’s nothing serious or something to worry about, if you experience bad breath frequently then, it could be a sign of something which needs to be examined by your dentist. Bad breath can be a sign of some infection growing in your mouth or your gums etc and it can also be a sign of some other internal problem or disease that you are going through.
3. Wisdom Tooth Pain
Wisdom tooth is the last teeth in our molars to appear in the mouth, they usually grow out of the gums in the late teens or in the early adulthood years. It’s not necessary that everyone will feel discomfort while they grow. Some patients will feel pain or irritation from wisdom tooth while they are growing.
4. A severe Toothache
If your tooth is hurting, it could be due to a cavity, or an infection. There can be numerous reasons for a toothache. It would be best if you visit your dentist and let him/her check, your dentist will most probably take an x-ray of the tooth you are feeling pain in, in order to examine it for possible issues.
Below stated are a few signs that signal that it’s time to see a dentist:
- If you feel constant pain in a tooth which increases if you eat or drink something.
- If you feel a sharp pain that keeps fluctuating.
- If you have gums that are painful, swollen or bleeding.
- If you notice pus or foul odor coming out from your mouth indicates an infection.
Thus, leaving an infected tooth untreated can cause serious health problems, and in extreme cases, there is a possibility of the infection to spread or enter into your bloodstream and can spread all over your body.
Therefore, dentists request everyone to go for regular dental check-ups as by chance if you have an infection in your mouth and you ignore it, remember that it can quickly spread to other parts of your body like head, neck, jaw etc.
Toothaches are usually very severe and can last for very long. The pain shoots up from the jawline to the ear and brain, it’s not just a sensation, it’s more than that. This gives a hint that the tooth has some internal damage which asks for immediate treatment.
So, these are a few main reasons why you should be careful about your dental health just as you are about your lifestyle and eating habits. You never know what can start a chronic disease or infection in your body and it can be your teeth, gums and your mouth too so the sooner you realize you need to go to your dentist, the better it will be.
Moreover, we all need to start a discussion about dental health because again, it’s pretty important and people need to understand the fact that they have to regularly check their teeth and visit their dentist every once or twice a month.
Natural Remedies For Gums And Tooth Pain
Are you tired of avoiding foods you love for your tooth pain? Does your gum give a swollen feeling and you feel too irritated bearing this for long? If so, then stop getting affected by this problems and look for a quick remedy.
There are two types of remedies one is a natural and homemade remedy, and the other one is the artificial remedy. Of two it is quite better to go for home remedies as this will give you better benefits than the artificial one with no side effects at all.
If you are looking for home remedies, then this is the right place for you to find out which home remedy is best suited for your gum relief.
Compression with Both Warm and Cold
For instant relief, one can go for compressing by both warm and cold which helps to decrease the feeling of swelling and pain. At first, you have to keep the compression for sometime in your mouth and not all too directly over the gums that are giving you the swelling pain.
Here is how you should do-
- A clean cloth is important for the soaking purpose and especially on warm water.
- Press a little hard and rinse the excess water from the cloth.
- Then you have to bear cloth against the side of your face where you are experiencing swollen gums.
- After that, take cold compression by collecting icebergs from your refrigerator and covering it with a cloth and then again the same process.
- For better results, you have to repeat the procedure more than twice or thrice.
You can take the help of this remedy as per your requirement.
To treat swollen gums permanently salt is another useful home remedy. The way it stops the bacteria growing inside your mouth and restrains your gums to be affected by the infections that may be caused by the bacteria which can lead to numerous health issues.
Ways of how to use salt as a remedy for curing gum swelling are as follows-
- Apply salt after cleaning your mouth for some time.
- Use warm water to clean it for the final result.
- You can try it in another way, which is by mixing some salt and water, and the water must be lukewarm.
- You can repeat this more than once daily for best consequences.
To prevent pain from tooth and gum problems one can take help of hydrogen peroxide. For fighting oral problems, hydrogen peroxide is the best choice as it helps to kill germs as well.
Steps for the application of hydrogen peroxide-
- You just need to add only three fourth of the hydrogen peroxide mixture in water.
- Put that in your mouth in the affected area for about 30 seconds.
- Wash your mouth with water, better if it is cold.
- You can also take the help of baking soda and mix it in the one-third forms with hydrogen peroxide so that it forms a paste.
- Apply this paste on your affected area and leave it for about a minute and then you are free to wash your mouth thoroughly.
- Don’t even dare to swallow the hydrogen peroxide.
Just because turmeric consists of curcumin, it forms an antioxidant thereby enabling the swollen gums and inflammation problems some relief by taking them away from your mouth.
Ways of turmeric application for toothache treatment-
- You can add a pinch of turmeric into a cup of water.
- Keep it on your affected area for some time.
- Wash your mouth with fresh water.
For getting best results to repeat every day.
You can also use tea bags especially black tea for better results. The tannins present in black tea promote better oral health by treating gums issue and inflammation.
The rarest treatment of all is the Aloe Vera treatment. Very few people know the tip of how to use Aloe Vera for treating gum and toothache problems. Extract the gel from the leaf of the Aloe Vera plant and apply it directly to your affected area inside your mouth for 60 seconds and wash it after that. Repeat daily if you want fast relief.
Remember no matter how often you follow the above remedies suggested accordingly, you have to make sure you take care of yourself first and then only the remedies will work for you quickly and give you the best relief you have ever expected. But if you are not careful enough and eating ice cream and foods that are harmful to your affected sensitive mouth, by inflammations and swelling problems, then these remedies won’t be able to help you give relief quickly.
- Tooth decay and gum disease [Link]
- Taking Care of Your Teeth and Mouth [Link]
- Toothache: First aid [Link]
- The aging mouth [Link]
- Take Care of Your Teeth and Gums [Link]