Are you the kind of person who prefers to eat healthy and fresh? Or maybe you are looking for a new addition to your healthy food regime? Well then, have you tried to incorporate coconut into your diet? No? Then you should definitely add it today! It is delicious and there are a lot of recipes where you can include coconut.
Moreover, since it is delicious and nutritious at the same time, it will easily help you change your eating habits to healthy ones. You may have tried eating several other dry fruits daily, but you have never thought of eating dry coconut right? Well, once You know about the benefits of eating dried coconut, you will definitely change your mind!
Even coconut water is highly recommended kidney stone patients, as it helps to dissolves kidney stones.
- 1 17 Benefits of Eating Coconut Meat You Cannot Ignore
- 1.0.1 1. Makes your connective tissues stronger
- 1.0.2 2. Controls Diabetes
- 1.0.3 3. Improves Your Immunity
- 1.0.4 4. Helps in boosting your energy levels
- 1.0.5 5. Helps in regulating your Blood Cholesterol
- 1.0.6 6. Highly beneficial for Pregnant Women
- 1.0.7 7. Contributes to Healthy Bones and Teeth
- 1.0.8 8. Keeps you hydrated
- 2 5 Awesome Benefits of Eating Coconut For Skin
- 2.0.1 1. Make your skin look clear
- 2.0.2 2. Enhances Blood Circulation
- 2.0.3 3. Has Anti-Microbial Properties
- 2.0.4 4. Has Anti-Aging Properties
- 2.0.5 5. Great Anti-Tanning Agent
- 2.0.6 1. Promotes Healthy Hair
- 2.0.7 2. Reduces Scalp Irritation
- 2.0.8 3. Helps in Reducing Dandruff
- 2.0.9 4. Helps in Taming Frizzy Hair
- 2.1 Several Methods of Consuming Coconut
17 Benefits of Eating Coconut Meat You Cannot Ignore
1. Makes your connective tissues stronger
Your connective tissues include your tendons, ligaments, and skin which contains certain minerals. If you lack in any of these minerals, it would lead to problems in these parts of your body, for example, arthritis or osteoporosis.
You would not want to have these problematic Issues and Hence You need to give importance to keep your connective tissues strong.
Thankfully, eating raw coconut benefits as coconut is rich in these minerals, which your body can absorb easily. Hence You definitely should add coconut to your diet if you want to decrease such health risks or if you already suffer from such deficiencies.
- 10 Great Arthritis In Hands Natural Remedies
- 15+ Foods That Make You Poop Immediately
- How to Rebuild Cartilage in Knees Naturally
- 11 Ways To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection- Male Yeast Infection Home Remedy
2. Controls Diabetes
- Coconut actively improves and enhances insulin secretion and also rapidly utilizes blood glucose.
- It has properties that affect the hormones responsible for blood sugar control which in turn lowers the level of blood sugar.
- It also helps in increasing metabolism and absorption of minerals and nutrients.
3. Improves Your Immunity
Coconut has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties.
Adding coconut to your daily diet would not only help your body to be more resistant to certain viruses and bacteria but also help treat the specific illness like bronchitis, urinary tract infection, some types of throat infections and tapeworms.
- 11 Ways To Get Rid Of Yeast Infection- Male Yeast Infection Home Remedy
- The Top 6 Best Pain Relief Cream With Lidocaine
4. Helps in boosting your energy levels
Do you feel Lethargic all the time? Then, You should definitely try to eat some tasty coconut frequently! Coconut helps in boosting your energy levels by burning your fat rapidly. The part of the coconut that you would want to use is fresh Coconut fattening.
Coconut contains certain Triglycerides which increase the expenditure of energy by 5% and Hence, eating raw coconut for weight loss would be a very healthy way to reduce weight if used for a long time. It also reduces hunger pangs and prevents you from binge eating randomly.
5. Helps in regulating your Blood Cholesterol
Coconut is known for balancing cholesterol levels in your body and Hence decreases the risk of heart diseases.
Coconut contains saturated fats which have positive effects on your body by raising the good cholesterol in your body.
6. Highly beneficial for Pregnant Women
You may not have heard of it but including coconut in one’s diet during pregnancy is very beneficial as it improves the overall health and immunity of both the mother and the baby by preventing a lot of infections.
It also increases the amount of amniotic fluid so that the health of the fetus is improved. Hence, the benefits of eating coconut during pregnancy are paramount.
7. Contributes to Healthy Bones and Teeth
If you add coconut to your daily food, It will eventually contribute to the development of bones and teeth since it helps in the absorption of calcium and manganese. It also helps in decreasing the chances of osteoporosis in women. Hence, coconut milk is a great substitute for dairy milk for those who are lactose intolerant.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Coconut water contains a lot of minerals and important electrolytes which helps in keeping your body hydrated. If you are engaged in heavy work or go to the gym frequently, you should definitely include coconut water in your diet.
The benefits of fresh coconut water are immense. It not only restores lost electrolytes but also improves immune response. You will also enjoy drinking coconut water as it is tastier than plain water.
Best time to drink coconut water matters a lot. So, After a workout, when you sweat a lot to regain the lost electrolytes and water. Drinking coconut water is very beneficial. You can also drink it early morning so that it can give you energy and a kickstart to your precious day.
- Bulimia Self Help: Learn How To Treat Bulimia Yourself
- Constipation: Symptoms, Causes, Dangers, Cure And Home Remedies
5 Awesome Benefits of Eating Coconut For Skin
You have read about how coconut benefits your health. But do you know that there are a lot of benefits of eating coconut for the skin as well? If not, Then you should absolutely read this list of the amazing benefits that you can get from adding coconut to your diet.
1. Make your skin look clear
Coconut has hydrating properties and hence can also hydrate your skin and make your skin look supple and fresh. You can also use uncooked coconut oil to massage your skin. Moreover, if you intake raw coconut frequently, it will reduce rashes, skin irritations and will purify your skin from within.
2. Enhances Blood Circulation
If you eat coconut on a daily basis, it will start promoting the circulation of blood and thereby increase the oxygen flow to your skin. Since the cells in your Body require adequate Oxygen, Proper circulation of Blood is necessary.
Proper oxygen supply and blood circulation, in turn, will make your skin breathe easier and make your complexion look healthy.
3. Has Anti-Microbial Properties
This property helps in reducing acne. If you intake coconut regularly, the bacteria causing acne will be lowered due to the high amount of Lauric acid in Coconut.
Hence, if you are a teenager or a young adult who suffers from Acne, You should definitely start eating coconut.
4. Has Anti-Aging Properties
This is possibly the most interesting benefit of coconut. Coconut water consists of proteins, which are known as Cytokines.
These cells are responsible for Cell activation and Cell growth. Adding coconut water to your daily diet will help in reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
5. Great Anti-Tanning Agent
Coconut contains anti-oxidants and is rich in Vitamin C. This helps in reducing sunburn and also helps in reducing tan.
You can apply coconut water directly to your face and then rinse it off after 30 minutes with cold water. It is the best and the most natural way of reducing tanning without using Harmful Chemicals.
4 Awesome Benefits of Eating Coconut For Hair Growth
Coconut is not only good for your skin and health, but also for your hair. The benefits of coconut fruit for your hair are quite amazing.
1. Promotes Healthy Hair
Coconut contains Vitamin K and Iron. This helps in maintaining the overall health of the hair and makes your hair shiny and smooth. So, It must be added to your diet, In case you are suffering from hair loss or damaged hair.
2. Reduces Scalp Irritation
Coconut has great moisturizing properties and hence, It is good for treating dry and irritated scalp. You can also use coconut milk for massaging your scalp as this will help in restoring dry and brittle hair.
3. Helps in Reducing Dandruff
It is anti-fungal and has deep moisturizing and hydrating properties which can help in treating dandruff. Just massage coconut oil to your hair every day before taking a shower.
4. Helps in Taming Frizzy Hair
You can now manage that unruly mane with the help of coconut water as it works as good hydrating serum, making your hair stronger and shiny. Moreover, It is not as heavy as coconut oil so you don’t have to worry about your hair looking greasy.
- 10 Yoga Asanas For Piles: Natural Cure For Hemorrhoid And Constipation
- What’s Hemorrhoid? How Do You Get Hemorrhoid?
- How Do You Get Hemorrhoids: 11 Common Hemorrhoids Causes
Several Methods of Consuming Coconut
If you are not a fan of eating the same old coconut meat, then you can try out some other ways of consuming it. This will help you in getting adjusted to its nutty flavor and will let you add it to your daily diet. These are the following ways in which you can enjoy coconut:
As Dried Flakes
Dried coconut flakes can be toasted and used as a garnish on several desserts like Pudding and Custard.
You can also use coconut milk as a substitute for dairy milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant. It can be used in smoothies, milkshakes, and oatmeal. Or you can just drink it directly.
Coconut oil can be used in cooking, by using it for frying and sautéing various dishes, especially vegetables.
Coconut water can sometimes be used in place of plain water. This helps in adding flavor to food and also hydrates you.
Well now that you have read about all the benefits of coconut. What do you think? Will you include coconut to your daily diet from now on? Don’t hesitate and take a step towards a more healthy you!
- 8+ Great Supplement And Vitamins For Joint Pain In Knees
- 9 Best Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment In Homeopathy
- How To Treat Anorexia At Home
- 10+ Best Medicine For Arthritis Pain And Pain Relief Creams
A Professional Naturopath, Yoga Teacher & Therapist at Arogya Yogshala Dhanbad. I have studied in Uttrakhand Sanskrit University and have been teaching Yoga and Naturopathy for the last 6 years. I believe nature has a cure for everything and Yoga means addition – the addition of energy, strength, and beauty to body, mind and soul. I love to share health facts, natural home remedies and best yoga asanas that can make your life easier and happier.