India has always been the richest destination of medicinal herbs & shrubs. Be it any disease, curable or incurable the dense forests of India has all the answers.
Since so many years people of India have believed in natural treatment and in fact after so much of development in the medical science today, people cure themselves when it comes to common diseases. One such shrub that we have is “Ashwagandha”.
Ashwagandha is found in India being an evergreen shrub and also can be found out in some parts of Africa & Middle East. Ashwagandha is also named as “Ginseng” or sometimes called “Winter Cherry”
The term “Ashwangandha” is made up of two Sanskrit words “Ashwa” which means ‘Horse” & “Gandha” which means “Smell” as the roots of Ashwagandha smell like horse. The roots and Orange Fibre of Ashwagandha is used for various medicinal purposes.
In Ayurveda medicines since 3000 years Ashwagandha is largely been used. Ashwagandha has been considered as the prominent shrub use to preserve youth inner & outer of body.
Now let us have a look briefly about how Ashwagandha cures the above stated problems and diseases
- 1 Medical Benefits Of Ashwagandha Churna
- 1.1 What is Ashwagandha Churna or Ashwagandha Powder?
- 1.2 Uses of Ashwagandha Churna
- 1.3 Benefits of Ashwagandha Churna For Weight Gain
- 1.4 Side Effects & Warnings of Ashwagandha Churna :
- 1.5 Some of the FAQs related to Ashwagandha Churna
Medical Benefits Of Ashwagandha Churna
Gastro Related Issues
Ashwagandha is used for the treatment of Stomach Ulcers.
Ashwagandha is proved to lower the blood sugar levels in the body in any cases.
Ashwagandha when taken with a particular supplement Articulin F
Research from Newcastle University have found that ashwagandha formulates the formation of beta-amyloid plaques. Theses plaques are considered as toxic for brain cells and in this concern ashwagandha helps in curing these toxic plaques. Research papers and articles can be broadly read at ergo-log.com
Ashwagandha powder is used for fever as its leaves are bitter and are useful in fever.
Ashwagandha roots posess antibacterial property which led to protect our skin from acne & infections. Antioxidants of Ashwagandha protect skin from radicals and helps in maintaining the glow.
Leaves of Ashwagandha have triethylene glycol which led improves insomnia and thus promotes sleep.
Ashwagandha has withaferin whilch helps to produce apoptosis which is the cause of death of cancer cells.
Consuming Ashwagandha reduce stress and anxiety.
High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Heart related diseases
Certain compounds of Ashwagandha beneficial for lowering high blood pressure. Due to its anti inflammatory effects Ashwagandha have multiple cholesterol & triglyceride levels.
Specific amount of extract of ashwagandha for eight weeks might improve this disease.
Pulmonary tuberculosis can be cured by consuming Ashwagandha for about 4-5 weeks.
Menstrual problems can be reduced by decrease in stress which can be reduced by Ashwagandha.
What is Ashwagandha Churna or Ashwagandha Powder?
Ashwagandha Churna is simply the powder form of Ashwagandha which helps to boost your physical & mental health, improves anxiety, stress. It’s antioxidants property helps to relieve from ailments.
Uses of Ashwagandha Churna
- Gaining Weight
- Stomach Ulcers
- Immune System improvement
- Physical and mental health
- Strength Improvement
- Blood Pressure
- Reduce Inflammation
- Sharpens memory
- Reduce skin rupture
- Increases Intellect
- Increase semen
- Improves Breathing
- Reduce Pain
- Improve Anemia
- Prevent tumors
Composition of Ashwagandha Churna :
- Every 5 gm contains Ashwagandha
The best thing about it is that it majorly contains Ashwagandha and apart from this Alkaloids such as Isopelletierine, Anaferine, Cuseohygrine, Unhygrine, Somniferin, Steroidal Latones and Saponins.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Churna For Weight Gain
Helps in gaining weight as stress causes irregularity in eating habits and thus ashwagandha improves stress & thus reducing stress improves digestion and ultimately led to gain weight as explained in the research article NCBI
- Improves Sexual Health
- Improves Anxiety
- Improves Strength
- Improves and boosts Energy
- Improves and increase testosterone formation
- Muscular improvements
- Excellent for uterus muscles
- Increase Haemoglobin
- Improves blood supply
- Relief in pain
- Improves memory
- Used in swelling.
Consumption & Dosage :
Usually consumed as per the direction of doctor but can also be used two times a day usually with milk but large dosage of Ashwagandha may cause diarrehea, stomach problems & vomiting and safe if directly consumed via mouth.
Side Effects & Warnings of Ashwagandha Churna :
1) Ashwagandha should not be consumed over dosage and must be consumed under the prescription of doctor
2) It is sometimes difficult to digest without digestive supplement and spices.
3) Should not be consumed during pregnancy as its high dose could effect uterus.
4) Kept away from the reach of children
5) Sometimes consumption depends and vary from person to person.
6) Never use ayurvedic and allopathic medicines together
7) People who are suffereing from low blood pressure should be very cautious while consuming Ashwagandha as it has already been used in lowering the blood pressure.
8) Ashwagandha is not used two weeks before surgery.
9) Ashwagandha increases thyroid hormones so people suffeening from thyroid must avoid consuming this.
10) Do not consume ashwagandha just after having food.
11) Only recommended dosage is preferred.
12) There is no such definition of exact or balanced dosage. It solely depends on people, their digestive system, their immune system, physical and mental condition. Every patient needs their own perfect dosage.
13) It has a very pungent taste so people inclined towards good taste must be cautious while intaking this churna.
14) Although if consumed less than 10 grams per day it is not harmful.
15) Once started it has to be used daily for long term benefits.
16) Do not take Ashwagandha after diabetic medicines as it has already has sugar level decrement quality.
17) Over consumption can also cause our immune system to be on auto-immune diseases.
- Does Ashwagandha Churna is heavy to digest?
It depends on the immune system. If your immune system is weak then you might get problem digesting the powder.
- What are the common side effects of Ashwagandha churna?
There are no direct side effects of ashwagandha if it is used within the limits of 10 grams per day but if not can cause digestion problems, ulcer increment inside the stomach, miscarriages, sugar level imbalanced etc.
- Does ashwagandha curna helps in improving hair fall?
Yes, it does
- Does ashwagandha churna is toxic?
No ashwagandha churna is non toxic ayurvedic herb and there is no toxicity available.
- What is the taste of ashwagandha churna?
It is pungent when tastes
Health Counselor and Primary Care Physician by profession, I have 12 years experience in primary health care services. Years of practical experience in women’s health care & ANC services and study have gained me a lot of knowledge on several health issues and I wish to share these medical advice and suggestion through this blog.