Here is how to cure fistula by yoga at home and without operation. These yoga asanas will prevent further spreading of the wound. A fistula is a disease caused when there is an abnormal passageway inside the body, which connects to otherwise separate passageways. For example, a hole develops that connects the vaginal passage with the anal one, then that would be called a fistula.
A fistula can be very dangerous, and in extreme cases, it can even cause the loss of life. That is why, it is essential to take action to cure fistula as soon as it develops, to make sure it doesn’t cause any further complications in the body.
Signs And Symptoms Of Fistula
There are a lot of forms of fistula, and all of the different types have a different set of symptoms. There are no special symptoms of fistula, which are specific to the disease and it can, therefore, be easily mistaken for some other disease. Some common symptoms are the pain in the abdomen, fever, and diarrhea, pain when passing bowel movements, a high count of white blood cells in the blood, bleeding from the rectum, sepsis, or infection in the bloodstream, dehydration and much more.
How To Cure Fistula At Home By These Yoga Postures
There are, thankfully, there a lot of yoga poses or asanas which you can regularly do to ensure that your fistulas get cured easily. These asanas also prevent the fistula from returning once it has been cured.
As there are no harsh medicines involved, curing fistula by yoga has no side effects on the body. Instead, it helps to make the body a lot healthier.
Some yoga asanas which can help in cases of fistula are listed below.
Uttanasana or the forward fold pose is a yoga pose that focuses on inversion of the body. This pose is perfect for curing fistula. It stretches out the body fully, improves the circulation of blood to the brain and also strengthens the core muscles. It relieves the pressure on the heart, brain and third eye chakra and thus reduces stress. Stress is also a major cause of fistula, and thus, this yoga pose is one of the best when it comes to treatment of fistula by the use of yoga.
How To Do Uttanasana:
- Raise your arms above your head, perpendicular to your ears.
- Bend forward at the waist.
- Bend your upper body is perpendicular to your legs, and your arms touch the ground.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- Once those 10 seconds are up, begin to slowly straighten yourself, keeping your arms perpendicular to your ears.
- Once you upright slowly lower your arms to your sides.
- Take a rest for 20 seconds and repeat the entire process five times in the morning every day to see the best results.
The Sarvangasana works the entire body and is thus beneficial for all sorts of diseases. It strengthens the back muscles and makes the spine much more flexible. It also stretches out the stomach muscles and the hamstrings and strengthens them. As this is an inversion pose just like the previous one, it is also beneficial for curing fistula.
How To Do Sarvangasana:
- To do this pose, lie down on your back on a flat surface.
- Rest your arms on either side of your body.
- Slowly begin to raise your legs simultaneously.
- When they are perpendicular to the rest of your body, begin to raise your hip and waist off the ground, supporting it with your arms.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds and slowly lower yourself.
- Do this five-time daily in the morning, after a light breakfast of nuts and water.
Chakrasana is one of the most popular yoga poses. It is best known for its beneficence for the spine. It loosens the back muscles and reduces stress, and this is quite effective is curing fistula. Not only is this yoga pose extremely easy to do, but it also great for the body. For women, the chakrasana pose helps with menstrual cramps as well, and it good for the reproductive system. It is one of the best yoga poses to treat anal and vaginal fistula and if done regularly and in the proper method, it can cure fistula faster than any western medication can.
How To Do Chakrasana:
- To do the chakrasana, start by lying flat on your back on a flat surface, and in a quiet environment.
- Take a few seconds to clear your mind and relax your body.
- Your hands should be relaxed on your either side.
- Once you have managed to calm your thoughts, begin the actual asana by raising your hands and placing your palms flat on the side of your ears on the ground.
- Raise our legs to form a triangle with the ground, so that your thighs are perpendicular to your body.
- Raise your body upwards, while balancing on the palms of your hands and your feet.
- Make sure your body forms a half archon the ground.
- Lean your head backward and close your eyes, and count your breath.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Relax and slowly brings yourself back to your initial position.
- Rest for 15 seconds and repeat the entire process.
- Do this thrice daily at dawn or in the evening to see results quickly.
4. Breathing Exercises
Breathing exercises like pranayama can cause the respiratory system to clear up. It increases the levels of oxygen in the blood and effectively gives the body more energy to fight off infections and other diseases.
How To Do Pranayama:
- To do pranayama, first sit in lotus position, with your legs crossed and back straight.
- Relax and your mind and start counting every inhale and exhale.
- When you have inhaled and exhaled for ten times each, using your index finger and thumb, hold your nose for 5 seconds.
- Release the nostril you are holding with your thumb and breathe in for 4 seconds.
- Now press down with your thumb, release the other nostril and breathe out for 7 seconds.
- Keep doing this for 5 minutes and increase that to 15 minutes a day.
- You can do this anywhere, but it recommended that you do it in a space that has ample fresh air.
- Do this in the morning, when there is the least amount of pollution in the air.
- Do this every day to cure your fistula.
5. Adho Mukha Svanasana
The adho mukha svanasana is a yoga pose that is fairly simple and very easy to enact out. This is another inversion pose that works the core muscles of the body and helps to strengthen them. Because of this, this yoga pose is very good for fistula and helps to cure it very easily as well.
How To Do Adho Mukha Svanasana
- To do the adho mukha svanasana, stand straight on a flat surface with your feet a little apart.
- Now, raise your hands to your shoulder level, so that they are parallel to the ground.
- With your feet placed firmly on the ground, bend forwards at the waist.
- Make sure to keep your legs straight so that they do not bend.
- Touch the ground with your hand so that your body forms a triangle with the ground.
- Remain in this position for 15 seconds.
- Come back to the initial position.
- Do this every day to cure your fistula naturally.
The kakasana or the crow pose is a yoga pose that is for slightly more advanced practitioners of yoga. It takes significant skill to do this pose without hurting your arms, but this is a great pose to cure fistula quickly and effectively.
How to do Kakasana
- Start by being in the squat pose.
- Spread your thighs so that they are wider than your body, but keep your feet together.
- Bring your arms closer to the inside of your knees, while simultaneously lowering your upper body in the forward direction.
- Press your knees to your upper arms, while keeping your palms flat on the ground.
- Keep your knees as close to your pit as possible, but make sure not to hurt yourself in the process.
- Focus on the surface in between your palms, where you have placed them on the ground
- Slowly and deliberately, bend forwards and lift up off your feet, so that you are balanced on your hands only.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds before returning to relax position. Do these five times daily to cure fistula in less than a month.
The sirasana, or the classic headstand is a yoga pose that is probably the most popular. It increases blood flow to the head and the muscles of the upper body and thus helps to strengthen those muscles. Because this is also an inversion pose, it helps in curing fistula quickly and easily. It is also known to relieve stress, which makes sure that there is no relapse of the disease.
How to do the Sirasana
- If you are a beginner, do this near a wall on which you can take support.
- Kneel on the floor while facing the wall.
- Make a triangle by interlocking your fingers and place them against the wall.
- Bend forward and place your head in front of your interlocked fingers, so that your fingers are in contact with the back of your head.
- Slowly shift the weight of your body to your arms and head and line your back with the wall.
- Lift up your legs and line them with the wall, while making sure not to bend your knees.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds and relax.
The Shavasana or the corpse pose is the absolute easiest pose to cure fistula by yoga. To do this pose, all you have to do is lie down on your back and do mindful breathing exercises. This can help relieve stress and clear the mind, and thus cure your fistula.
How to do Shavasana
- Pick a hard flat surface.
- Lie on your back without a pillow.
- Place your arms on either side of your body.
- Keep your feet about a foot apart.
- Count your breathing for 10 minutes.
This pose is known to help with digestion and is especially helpful in cases of gastrointestinal fistula. It will help cure your fistula extremely efficiently and will also prevent it from coming back again. It helps to relieve the stress on the digestive system of the body and clears the digestive tract, improving both digestion and metabolism.
It is also effortless to do and can be done even by beginners. You can also combine this yoga pose with pranayama to further stimulate the healing of fistulas.
How To Do The Vajrasana
- Pick a hard and flat surface which is away from distraction
- Fold your legs underneath you so that your calves are underneath and parallel to your thighs.
- Sit with a straight back so that your chin is parallel to the ground.
- Stay in this position for 60 seconds and then relax.
- Do this every morning to ensure that your fistulas get cured easily.
The uttanapadasana is a popular yoga pose that is practiced by yogis all over the world. It helps to cure indigestion and strengthens a weak stomach. It also helps to strengthen the core muscles of the body and also helps in proper absorption of nutrients in the body. This pose is very easy to do and can be done by beginners very easily. It is a great yoga pose to cure fistula as well.
How To Do Uttanapadasana
- Lie flat on your back with your arms straight and lying flat on either side of your body
- Keep your legs together, and feet joined side to side
- While keeping your palms flat on the ground, and you back pressed to the surface, lift your legs together so that they are perpendicular to your body
- Stay like this for 10 seconds and relax
Wrapping It Up
To conclude, fistula is a disease that is easy to cure but can turn deadly if left unattended. Even though most people rely on western medication to cure fistula, the easiest and most effective way to do it is by yoga. Yoga poses have no side effects on the body and are great for your overall health as well. You can also use a sitz bath to get instant relief from fistula pain. Along with yoga, you must include the use of some ayurvedic medicines for fistula and piles.