Cancer is not unknown; everybody knows what it is and how dreadful it is. The mental impact of cancer is much more on family and friends along with the patient.
In older days, whenever the word cancer was pronounced the death becomes inevitable, it was an incurable disease for a long time in all of its format.
Even today whenever the doctor says this word to the patient or family member the fear of the disease is huge and impactful to everywhere the bad news spread. However, nowadays the case is changed and fighting with cancer is possible.
Yes, fighting cancer is not so easy it is a long-term draining process, its effects physically, mentally and financially to everyone associated. But it is possible and there are so many brave stories of people defeated this dreadful disease successfully.
Some of the names of these heroes are Hugh Jackman (aka the wolverine), Mark Ruffalo (the Hulk), Cobie Smulders. Are the names going too far, then you must have heard about Manisha Koirala, Mumtaz, Lisa Ray, Anurag Basu and our beloved Yuvraj Singh who needs no introduction.
In all the cases associated hospital, treatment and doctors play a huge role along with the strong will power of the patients and family.
There are no specific guidelines or set of rules for choosing the best cancer hospital, but keeping in mind the following points while choosing the hospital may help you some: –
- Excellent Panel: The list of doctors and surgeons should be the expert ones in their field. The expert panelist is required for your specific and precision treatment.
- Primary customs: The assistance provided to patients must include medical visa arrangements, accommodation for family and patient, a good meal, appointment with doctors and surgeons, transport service to and from the airport, etc.
- Professionalism: Utmost care and responsible behavior in meeting patient’s needs. The support staff of nurse, ward boy, and other people are equally responsible for this, their better behavior and professionalism are much more needed.
- Budget benefit: Financial aspects after treatment is a very important key factor in the choice of hospital. It is a common belief that cancer treatment is super costly, so you also want to check the basic details about this in advance.
- The Indian benefit: For patients outside of India, if you choose an Indian hospital for treatment, you will be amazed by their hospitality, culture-rich environment and so much of positiveness all around you.
- 1 Best Government-Funded Cancer Hospitals in India
- 2 Best Cancer Hospital In Bangalore
- 3 Best Cancer Hospital In Chennai
- 4 Best Cancer Hospital In Kolkata
- 5 Best Cancer Hospital In Rajasthan
- 6 Best Hospital for Cancer Treatment In Hyderabad
- 7 Best Cancer Hospital In Mumbai
Best Government-Funded Cancer Hospitals in India
Before we dig deep into the list of the best cancer hospitals of India, you may want to know about some of the hospitals and centers in India offering free cancer treatment backing up by government schemes and donations.
1. Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
This is the most advanced hospital in India in the field of cancer treatment. This prideful hospital treats its 70% of cancer patients with free of cost treatment.
It is also a research center of cancer, for which it is worldwide known as ACTREC (Advanced Center for treatment, Research, and Education in Cancer).
This hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies to perform chemotherapy and radiology for its patients.
They also have medical equipment which can perform MRIs, ultrasounds, CT scans, PET scans, and a real-time nuclear medicine scanner.
2. Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
It is one of the most reputed cancer treatment hospitals of India. This hospital holds sophisticated machines and ultra-modern infrastructure.
It is heavily funded by the Indian government and it treats all the Below poverty line patients for free, also the cost of cancer medicines provided by this hospital is 40 to 60% cheaper than its market counterparts.
Time to time this hospital joins its hand with Karnataka government to offer various schemes for the economically weaker section or underprivileged part of the society.
3. Tata Memorial Hospital, Kolkata
This is a similar counterpart of what is in west Mumbai. Just like Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai this hospital provides free cancer treatment to all the underprivileged or poor sections of the society.
They also provide subsidiary treatment and medicines to other weaker section of the society. Doing a great cause for the nation.
4. Regional Cancer Center, Thiruvananthapuram
Just like Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai this cancer center is fully fledged hospital as well as a research center in cancer treatment. It provides modern oncology, free of cost treatment to all the children and poor people came as a patient.
It also offers free chemotherapy, isotope and CT scans like modern technologies for free. This hospital is extremely popular for free cancer treatment to 60% patients and subsidized treatment for 29% of patients mostly belonging to Economic weaker section or lower middle-class people.
All the children and adults are getting free cancer treatment in this hospital, from any section of society.
Besides being a small medical center compared to others, this hospital has provided cancer treatment drugs worth 80 lakh rupees in the last 5 years for free.
5. Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai
This hospital is just the opposite of above all. Yes, it provides free cancer treatment to the patients. But it uses the methods of Ayurveda, yoga and cow urine in their therapy along with balanced nutritious diet plans.
This treatment may sound unusual but it helped a lot of patients in absorbing the cancer drugs effectively.
Well, this is not the end; it is just a tip of the iceberg. The list is actually huge if we try to bring each and every hospital and medical center in this list.
So, we have chosen the top best cancer hospitals in India and made the list by categorizing them in the name of cities. The hospitals are as follows: –
Best Cancer Hospital In Bangalore
The IT sector of India hosts for some of the best cancer treatment hospitals.
- Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital & Research Centre.
- Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center.
Best Cancer Hospital In Chennai
Chennai has always been a major medical center of India in the southern part. The hospitals here are: –
- Cancer Institute, Chennai.
- Apollo Speciality Cancer Hospital.
- Rai Memorial Medical Centre.
Best Cancer Hospital In Kolkata
The city of joy is nowhere far behind than any other major city when it comes to medical treatment. The medical centers here are: –
- Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute.
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Cancer Research Institute.
- Bengal Oncology Centre.
Best Cancer Hospital In Rajasthan
Rajasthan is one more growing state when it comes to medical and tourism. It also houses a few great hospitals: –
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Jaipur
- Geetanjali Cancer Centre, Udaipur.
- Sita Devi Cancer Hospital, Jaipur.
Best Hospital for Cancer Treatment In Hyderabad
The city of Hyderabad needs no introduction; it also hosts some of the top cancer hospitals:
- American Oncology Institute.
- Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute.
- MNJ Institute of Oncology.
Best Cancer Hospital In Mumbai
The financial capital of India pays a lot of attention in the medical field too. As a result, some of the top best cancer hospitals are available in this city too: –
- D. Hinduja Hospital.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute.
Choosing the best hospital for cancer hospital has never been an easy task. Based on your medical report and seriousness of the case regarding your cancer stage, you’re never going to have enough time to chose one best. Try consulting the doctor or health care consultants working in this field for a long period of time.
Based on their advice and suggestion you will be able to get the right hospital for you. Not only this will save your crucial time, but also help in gaining an advantage in this upcoming battle of life.
Remember hope of life is everything for a cancer patient, try to make it a driving force.
Health Counselor and Primary Care Physician by profession, I have 12 years experience in primary health care services. Years of practical experience in women’s health care & ANC services and study have gained me a lot of knowledge on several health issues and I wish to share these medical advice and suggestion through this blog.