Karela Jamun juice is a healthy and effective juice to help lower your blood sugar level by improving the glucose level of the blood. It is considered an excellent antioxidant and appetizer due to the individual properties of its constituents that are Karela and Jamun.
Karela Jamun juice has a lot of benefits on health especially in diabetes and is therefore used widely as a regular medicine to boost blood glucose level and have other health enhancement.
- 1 Karela and Jamun advantages (individually)
- 2 Karela
- 3 Jamun
- 4 Benefits of Karela Jamun Juice (as a whole)
- 5 Karela Jamun Juice Usage : How To Use
- 6 Karela Jamun Juice FAQ’s
Karela and Jamun advantages (individually)
Let’s talk about the advantages of Karela and Jamun individually on health and body:
Karela also called bitter guard which is considered as a vegetable by most of us is a bitter fruit. Bitter taste is kept aside, its benefits are countless.
This fruit is full of iron, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium and other nutrients. These are some very important nutrients and minerals essential for our body.
This is also rich in calcium (double as that in spinach) and beta-carotene (greater than found in broccoli).
Here are some benefits of Karela juice:
- It acts as the best home remedy for controlling blood sugar levels by increasing the level of glucose and enhances glycaemic control.
- It cleans the liver as a compound named Momordica Charantia protects against liver failure by strengthening the antioxidant activity of the enzymes present in the liver.
- It helps to lose weight as its use decreases the formation of fat cells of the body and also eliminates the previously formed ones.
- Gaining lustrous hair and healthy skin is another benefit of consuming Karela juice regularly.
Read Also: 15+ Foods That Make You Poop Immediately
Jamun or black plum is a refreshing and tasty fruit that is also known as Indian blackberry. It is full of pectin and anthocyanin.
This fruit is used in various ayurvedic medicines as well as the Unani technique etc.
Some important advantages of Jamun fruit are:
- Jamun consumption helps indigestion. It improves digestion and due to this, is widely used in Ayurvedic medicines.
- This is antiscorbutic and carminative and therefore used for treating asthma, bowel spasm, dysentery, arthritis, and stomach pain.
- It contains a high amount of alkaloid that makes it advantageous to control high blood sugar level.
Benefits of Karela Jamun Juice (as a whole)
As we have already seen, both Karela and Jamun are individually excellent as sources of health benefits and the cure of many serious diseases.
Therefore, it is very clear that their combination as Karela Jamun juice will help the health and wellness of the body excellently.
One reason for this combination is the contrast in their tastes. The bitterness of a highly beneficial karela is balanced to some extent by succulent and refreshingly tasty Jamun.
This makes the consumption of this juice convenient.
Many people suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, asthma or digestive problems are advised to consume Karela Jamun juice regularly.
Some most important advantages of this Karela Jamun Juice are:
One main benefit of Karela Jamun juice is that it controls diabetes. This is due to the reason that Karela and Jamun both can control blood sugar levels and increase a blood glucose level that eventually helps in controlling diabetes.
It also increases the production of insulin in the body which is the main requirement for diabetes treatment. Edema is also decreased by the regular consumption of Karela Jamun juice.
Fights Cancer and Other Infectious Diseases
Since Karela Jamun juice helps in controlling the blood sugar level; it is a powerful weapon for blood purification.
It helps in the treatment of leukaemia (blood cancer) due to its high antitumor and antioxidant qualities.
Considered one of the best natural blood purifiers that help in the prevention of anaemia and many other blood-related diseases.
Helps in Weight Loss
Heavyweight is a problem for many people and many tips are advised to them. But one effective option to include in intakes is karela Jamun juice.
Drinking this juice in morning empty stomach helps in curbing the appetite.
It increases the metabolism of the body which helps in the digestion of carbohydrates without gaining extra fat.
Boosts the Immune System
Both Karela and Jamun are good antioxidants that fight with allergies and diseases. The regular intake of this juice strengthens the immune system of the body.
Even serious diseases like cancer (prostate, breast, etc.) can be prevented with the use of this juice because it contains anti-carcinogen and antitumor properties.
Cleansing of Liver and Kidney
The Momordica Charente present in this juice helps in cleansing of bowels of the body.
It cleanses the liver by maintaining the bowel movement regularly and strengthens the enzymes present in it so that it is protected from any infection or damage.
Acts as a boon for skin and hair
Karela Jamun is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C that are necessary for the maintenance of healthy skin cells and shine and strength of hair.
The consumption of this juice helps in the production of collagen which keeps skin cells healthy.
Also, almost all hair problems like pre-greying of hair, dandruff, split ends, etc. all can be treated by direct applying or consumption of this juice.
It also contains Biotin and Zinc nutrients that help in imparting shine to the skin and hair.
Karela Jamun Juice Usage : How To Use
- The Karela Jamun juice can be consumed twice before meals every day to experience its benefits.
- You can mix 5-6 teaspoons of this juice with a glass of water and drink it in the morning and evening. It is advised to drink it with an empty stomach.
- Diabetic people should use 15-20 mL of Karela juice mixed with water after 50-60 minutes of meal thrice a day.
Read Also: 13 Amazing Benefits of Orange Tree Leaves
Karela Jamun Juice FAQ’s
- Why is Karela Jamun Juice used?
Karela Jamun juice is used due to its various health beneficial properties. It helps in controlling the blood sugar level of diabetic patients and the cleansing of the liver and other digestive organs. It is also useful for cancer patients.
- Can a pregnant woman drink Karela Jamun juice?
Pregnant woman and even children of small age are not advised to drink this juice.
- If someone has Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level), should he/she consume this juice?
No, a person suffering from Hypoglycaemia should NOT consume this juice. This is due to the reason that this juice helps in lowering blood sugar levels and hence may affect the person adversely.
Health Counselor and Primary Care Physician by profession, I have 12 years experience in primary health care services. Years of practical experience in women’s health care & ANC services and study have gained me a lot of knowledge on several health issues and I wish to share these medical advice and suggestion through this blog.