Angular Cheilitis is itchiness or swollen patched at the corners of your mouth. It is mainly due to inflammation can last for a very long time. There are a lot of factors that can cause Angular Cheilitis. It can be caused due to allergies, infection or even irritation. But do not worry as Angular Cheilitis Cream will help you to cope up with this disease.
- 1 6 Best Angular Cheilitis Creams, Ointments And Gels
- 1.0.1 1. Angular Cheilitis Cream For Infants
- 1.0.2 2. Angular Cheilitis Cream For Elderly People Who Are Edentulous
- 1.0.3 3.Angular Cheilitis Cream For Post Antibiotic Patients And Diabetic Patients
- 1.0.4 4.Angular Cheilitis Cream For Immunosuppressed Patients
- 1.0.5 5. Angular Cheilitis Cream For The Maceration
- 1.0.6 Treatment Option 2:-
- 1.0.7 Things You Need To Keep In Mind
- 1.1 How To Get Rid Of Angular Cheilitis Overnight
Signs Of Angular Cheilitis
Angular Cheilitis usually consists of a lesion that is due to inflammatory reactions. But the appearance of such lesions may differ from one patient to another. Usually, Angular Cheilitis affects both sides of your mouth. But sometimes, only one side gets affected by this disease.
These lesions are symmetrical and are limited to only the mucosa of your lips. But sometimes, that might not be the case. Sometimes the lesions cross over the vermillion border and spread to your facial skin.
Vermillion border is the place where the lips start becoming a skin on your face. The first sign of Angular Cheilitis includes white- gray thickenings on both sides of your lips along with redness. The redness looms almost triangular in shape and there is a proper breakdown of your facial skin.
Your lips will get cracked but there is usually no bleeding. There might be an occurrence of yellow crusts and pus formation might take place. You will easily find Angular Chelitis cream in the market to cope up with different kinds of symptoms of this disease.
Factors Contributing To Angular Cheilitis
You have to know first how do you get Angular Cheilitis before you can find a proper cure for it. The probable causes are:
- Infections can be caused due to bacteria or Fungus. These include Candida, Staph and other kinds of infection. They mostly occur when you start licking your lips too often. The bacteria or the fungus gets the moisture or warmth to grow. There is Angular Cheilitis medication available in the market for such situations.
- Irritation can arise due to irritants such as dentures and braces, exposure to sun, trauma, smoking, etc.
- Allergies can also be the cause of Angular Cheilitis. Certain foods, toothpaste, makeup leads up to Angular Cheilitis.
- Poor immunity function or deficiency of any kind of vitamin like vitamin B can be another cause for Angular Cheilitis.
6 Best Angular Cheilitis Creams, Ointments And Gels
1. Nystatin Suspension Orally
2. Gentian Violet
3. Imidazole Cream
4. Clotrimazole Troches
6. Petroleum Jelly
7. Inc-Oxide Ointments
This kind of treatment looks after the microbial growth as oral candidiasis needs to be cured properly. It should also look after the discomfort that you are facing.
There are several Angular Chelitis healing stages that you have to go through in order to get completely cured.
1. Angular Cheilitis Cream For Infants
In cases of infants, you can use nystatin suspension orally. You have to also apply nystatin lotion or Ointment to that area of the mouth that is affected. You can also topically apply Gentian Violet.
It is another viable option for Discoloured lip and mouth region. Be careful to keep the infant in a proper condition and wipe away the excess food as well as saliva away.
2. Angular Cheilitis Cream For Elderly People Who Are Edentulous
You need to visit the dentist in order to get your dentures or braces fixed. This is done when dentures are the reason why you have Angular Cheilitis. You have to treat the oral thrush as well if it is there. Every day you should clean your dentures properly with a proper disinfecting solution.
You have to apply Nystatin Lotion or Ointment topically or put Imidazole Cream to that area of the mouth which is affected. This process should go on for about two weeks. Clotrimazole Troches may help with the oral thrush.
- Itchy Bum Hole Not Worms? It’s Probably The Pinworms!
- 10+ Best Laxative For Constipation (Laxatives Home Remedies)
3.Angular Cheilitis Cream For Post Antibiotic Patients And Diabetic Patients
You have to use clotrimazole torches in order to treat oral thrushes and prevent it from coming back again. The patient has to apply topically the Imidazole Cream or Nystatin Ointment on that area that is affected by Angular Cheilitis.
4.Angular Cheilitis Cream For Immunosuppressed Patients
You have to treat the oral thrush if it is present there. You need to apply creams that contain imidazole or nystatin so that you get rid of the sores. Anti-fungal cream for Angular Cheilitis over the counter can be availed easily by anyone.
If the situation worsens then you may need topical therapy, if immunosuppression doesn’t go away.
5. Angular Cheilitis Cream For The Maceration
You need to use a barrier ointment in order to deal with the maceration. Ointments such as petroleum jelly, zinc-oxide ointments work wonders in this situation.
You can also try out other creams which have Antimicrobial Components in it. These ointments work wonders along with Angular Cheilitis Creams.
Treatment Option 2:-
There is another kind of Angular Chelitis Prescription Treatment that will help you to get rid of this disease. That is:
- In case of intense inflammation, you have to add corticosteroid cream that has a low potency level to anticandidal therapy that you are using. This will help to increase the resolution of the erythema and help to heal all the erosions easily.
- If it is a mild case of inflammation, you can treat Angular Cheilitis with 1% hydrocortisone cream. You can also use iodoquinol cream that is 1 % instead of hydrocortisone as it can be really strong at times. Iodoquinol can be used as an alternative due to its anti-microbial There are several kinds of Angular Chelitis Hydrocortisone creams, in the market.
- For the elderly people who are edentulous, the skin besides their mouth can sag drastically. So that might have to be corrected in order to get rid of Angular Cheilitis. You might have to get collagen treatment or even surgery to correct in order to avoid problems in the future.
- If there is a chance of bacterial infection that is secondary, then you will need a systemic or topical antibiotic. Secondary pathogens include Streptococcus or Staphylococcus bacteria.
- In case of refractory cases of adults, you need to take in fluconazole ( around 100 mg) for like a week. Then you have to follow this dosage with 150 mg for 6 weeks.
Things You Need To Keep In Mind
- Evaluation of the immunosuppression can be only indicated if all pre-disposing factors do not get identified.
- If you have liver problems, then you cannot use certain oral pills. Clotrimazole torches and Fluconazole can lead to abnormalities in your liver function. This is the reason why ointments are preferred over oral pills.
- These treatments will not work if you do not bring a change in your hygiene and habits. You have to stop licking your lips so that the infection does not come back.
- If the patient who is suffering from Angular Cheilitis, is pruritic, then allergic reactions are bound to happen. Things such as fragrances, sunscreens, metals, preservatives, flavorings, lip care products can cause an allergic reaction. Angular Cheilitis Creams can help you a lot in this situation.
- Nutritional deficiencies such as deficiency of iron, folic acid, zinc, vitamin B and metabolic diseases can cause Angular Cheilitis, even though it is very rare.
- Angular Cheilitis, which seems unilateral, can be a sign of mucocutaneous malignancy.
- Looking For ADHD Diet For Children Menu? Here’s All You Need To Know!
- Is Milk Good For Acid Reflux: 10+ Foods And Drinks That Help Acid Reflux
How To Get Rid Of Angular Cheilitis Overnight
The best way to treat any kind of infection is naturally as it does not have any adverse effect. Everyone wants the results to be fast and these natural remedies will help you to get rid of or minimize the severity of this disease in less than 12 hours t using Angular Chelitis overnight cure:
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera works wonders for your skin problems, especially if you are suffering from Angular Cheilitis. Not only does it act as an Antibacterial agent, but it also helps you to get rid of any kind of discomfort that you face when you suffer from Angular Cheilitis. Aloe Vera gel will give you a smoothening effect almost instantly.
It has been proven to benefit a lesioned skin and also allows the edges of your mouth to heal. In order to get the results in a less amount of time then, you have to apply the Aloe Vera Gel directly over the reddish patch at the corners of your mouth.
- How To Become Mentally Strong And Confident
- Best Stool Softener For Daily Use (Without Getting Addicted)
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba Oil is used in many lip balms and is completely natural. It helps you to deal with the swellings that are present at the corners of your mouth. It will help you to get relief from the discomfort that you are experiencing from Angular Cheilitis. In case of any kind of Inflammatory Reactions, this oil can be used due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- 5 Types Of Stool Softeners For Kids And Babies
- Top 10 Stool Softener Brands For Pills, Tablets, & Syrups
3. Rose Water
Angular Cheilitis can cause irritability of your skin. Thus, in order to reduce it, you need to mix rose water along with Glycerin. This mixture should be applied directly on the swelling with the help of a cotton ball. You have to put the solution on the edge of your mouth and also on the lips, if they are aching.
- Atkins Meal Plan For 7 Days: Ultimate Low Carb Meal Plan
- 2000 Calorie Diet Weight Loss Meal Plan Is Here
4. Almond Oil
Almond oil can act as a wonderful cream. Any kind of skin inflammation can be treated with Almond Oil as it works as a hydrant. In order to get optimum result, you can mix coconut oil along with castor oil and then apply it. You have to keep the mixture overnight in order to get positive results. It is one of the most effective Angular Cheilitis home treatment.
- How To Get Rid Of Dermatitis: 15 Best Eczema On Hands Treatment (Fast)
- Top 10 Stool Softener Brands For Pills, Tablets, & Syrups
Health Counselor and Primary Care Physician by profession, I have 12 years experience in primary health care services. Years of practical experience in women’s health care & ANC services and study have gained me a lot of knowledge on several health issues and I wish to share these medical advice and suggestion through this blog.